The Governing Body works in partnership with the Headteacher to ensure that the best possible all-round education is being provided for all the children in a high quality learning environment.
While the Headteacher is responsible for the day to day running of the school, the Governors have collective responsibility for ensuring the school:
1. Has a strong Catholic Ethos, a clear Strategic Direction and is continuously improving;
2. Holds the senior Leadership to account for compliance with standards, regulations and procedures;
3. Makes good use of resources.
The Governing Body is composed of governors drawn to reflect the different constituents of the school:
• Eight foundation governors, appointed by the Diocese of Westminster;
• Three parent governors, elected by other parents at the school;
• One staff governor, elected by colleagues;
• One local education authority (LA) governor, appointed by the County Council;
• The Headteacher;
• Two Associate members.
There is also a Co-opted member of the Health & Safety Committee.
Governors and the clerk can be contacted through the school, alternatively you can email us at email@example.com