The Governing Body works in partnership with the Headteacher to ensure that the best possible all-round education is being provided for all the children in a high quality learning environment.
While the Headteacher is responsible for the day to day running of the school, Governors have collective responsibility for:
1. ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
2. holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
3. overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Ofsted said in March 2018 ... Governors are dedicated and committed to the school’s ongoing success. Under the leadership of the experienced chair of governors, they visit the school regularly to check the standards of behaviour and the quality of education provided for pupils. They have an accurate view of strengths and areas for further improvement, as a result.
The Governing Body is composed of governors drawn to reflect the different constituents of the school:
• Eight foundation governors, appointed by the Diocese of Westminster;
• Three parent governors, elected by other parents at the school;
• One staff governor, elected by colleagues;
• One local education authority (LA) governor, appointed by the County Council;
• The Headteacher;
• Two Associate members.
There is also a Co-opted member of the Health & Safety Committee.
Please click here to view our Governors and their roles
Please click here to view Governors' attendance at Full Governing Body Minutes
Please click here to view a schedule of FGB & Sub-Committee meeting dates for 2017/18
Governors and the clerk can be contacted through the school, alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org